Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lets Do the Potty Dance

Sophie pooped on the potty today! I am so proud of her.

I was getting ready for work and Sophie had gotten water all over her pjs. I told her to go take off her wet clothes and try peeing on the potty. I hurried up and finished getting ready before heading to get Sophie dressed. As soon as I walked into the hallway I saw Sophie sitting on the potty. She called out to me, "I go poop!" Immediately after saying this she screamed, "I not wanna poop! I not wanna!" Um, okay... As I entered the bathroom I told her that she didn't have to poop if she didn't want to. Then I smelled it. Sure enough, my girl pooped on the potty for the very first time! I was so darn proud of her. While she seemed a little freaked at first, she became pretty proud as well. She dumped everything in the big toilet and flushed it down all on her own with a big smile on her face.

I am so proud Sophie. I can't wait until summer vacation starts so that we can really concentrate on potty training. Hopefully Sophie will be completely on board with the idea and training will go pretty smoothly. *cross fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment