Tuesday, April 23, 2013

32 Months

Since no big events or changes have happened this month that require me to write big paragraphs, I thought I would change how I do Sophie's monthly wrap-up. I'll let pictures/videos of her and their captions tell what has been going on this month.

Sophie loves looking at pictures on my phone. She asks to see them at least 5 times a day. Sometimes offering to let her look at pictures is the only way I can get her to do things. She is so sweet when she looks through them and gets so darn excited! (She also loves taking pictures with my phone. And playing games. And calling people...)
Sophie loves singing! She randomly bursts into song. It is so darn cute! You never know what our little jukebox is going to sing. 'You Are My Sunshine' is one of her favorites to sing. I love how she puts her own 'spin' on the song (watch the video clip)

Another song Sophie loves to sing. 
If Sophie falls asleep in the car before nap time she will refuse to take a real nap. It doesn't matter if she fell asleep for 5 minutes or 30, she thinks that counts as a real nap. She also is beastly if you wake her up from sleeping in the car. Because of all this we have left her in the car a few times so she could continue sleeping.  (The car is in the garage with the windows down and the door to the house open so we can hear her.) While I don't like leaving her out in the garage, I am glad that she gets some sleep. 
Our future doctor or PA. She still loves playing with this stethoscope, which she calls her check-up.
First ride in the double stroller. She loved it!
Sophie let Janice braid her hair. It was so cute! I wish she would let me play with her hair like that. She usually refuses to let me do anything to it.
Taking a picture of me taking her picture.
Sharing a meal with her future boyfriend
Trying to convince Aunt Debra to give her some Coke. Maybe when you turn 3, Sophie.
I love when she snuggles with me.

Sophie is all about the chap stick and lip gloss. She is also all about trying to put them on Joe and I, which can be pretty messy.
Sophie has been all about her sunglasses this month.
Sophie has not been a fan of her bed the past two months. While I was still on maternity leave, if I wanted her to  take a nap and not fight her about it then I would let her sleep with me either on the couch or my bed. I tried not to do this often, but some days it wasn't worth the battle to get her to go to sleep in her bed. (Plus I am selfish, as I love when she snuggles up next to me and falls asleep.)
Just like nap time, it has been a battle this month to get Sophie to sleep in her bed at night. She throws some pretty big fits! It has been rough. Eventually she will wear herself out and fall asleep. Besides not wanting to sleep in her bed, Sophie has also been getting up in the middle of the night. Often she cries and screams. Sometimes she will fall right back to sleep once we go in to check on her, while other nights are more difficult. We have brought her into bed with us once or twice and she fell right back asleep, but it isn't a habit we want to start. Another night I brought her downstairs with me while I was waiting on Josie's next feeding. This picture is from that night (3 am). I didn't turn any light on, but Sophie found her beads, sunglasses and doll. She was singing, dancing around, telling jokes and having a good old time. Crazy kid!
This video is also from Sophie's little 3 am show. She was quite the ham that night. (She is saying "Guess what? Chicken butt.")
We were so excited to have some nice weather so that we could visit the park.

Sophie was having an awful morning - screaming, crying, and just plain unhappy. (We still don't know why) The only way we could cheer her up was by saying we would visit Debra and Kaci. Sophie had a great time visiting with her cousin (and playing with all of her stuff!)

My silly girl definitely has a sense of humor. She loves telling jokes (like the chicken butt joke I've already mentioned) and even makes her own silly jokes up. When we ask her what her name is (she knows all of our full names) she will often say, "I Sophie Lynn Tissue!" It cracks me up every time. 

I am so jealous of Sophie's eyelashes. They are beautiful!
Brushing her teeth (She needs a new toothbrush. She keeps biting the rubber off this one.)
Craft time
Sophie ran around for about 20 minutes looking for the "pretty yellow flowers." She was so excited every time she found one. She would run it over to show us. 
Miss Jealousy doesn't like when I take pictures of only Josie.
This is what she does when I told her not to touch Josie's lips.
Sophie slept in this all the time when she was a baby (so much that there is a flat spot on the back of her head. Oh well. At least it kept her safe during her feeding tube days.) One day when Sophie was refusing to nap, Joe asked if she wanted to sleep in Josie's seat. She happily agreed and ended up sleeping for almost 2 hours!

This picture cracks me up!
Sophie loves helping to 'burp' Josie. She really is a great helper.


Sophie loves her baby sister so much. It is really sweet. 


Building 'castles'

Sophie absolutely loves the Little Blessing books. 

This little girl is so sweet, helpful and compassionate. If you are sad (or pretend to be) she will come over to you and ask if you are okay and tell you not to cry. If I need an item for Josie, I can generally count on Sophie to get it for me. We get tons of 'huggies and kissies' each day. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. 

As I mentioned before, Sophie loves to sing. She really likes singing songs from Yo Gabba Gabba. We often hear either "Get the Sillies Out" or "Hold Stilllllllll.....wiggle wiggle wiggle go....wiggle wiggle wiggle stop!"


No comments:

Post a Comment