Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Josie is 3 Months Old


Our little Josephine is 3 months old today! 1/4 of her first year has flown by!

Josie is doing great! She is in 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. She doesn't have a well check this month so we don't have an official weight for her. Our scale at home says that she is 11lb 7oz though, which excites us! (You would think she weighs a lot more based on her adorably chubby cheeks, but really she is only around the 17%ile for weight.)  She usually drinks 4-5 ounces at a time. She still spits up, but not as much as before. Still you have to watch out for her or you could get a fountain of spit up all over you!

On the 16th Josie slept for 6 hours! I remember her waking up and fussing about 4 hours after she had previously ate. I woke up, gave her a pacifier and went back to bed. I figured she would fuss again in a few minutes, but was so tired that I just wanted a few extra minutes of sleep. I woke up to Joe asking me if I fed Josie. I groggily told him that I hadn't fed her. He asked me if I knew what time it was. I didn't and he told me that it was 4 in the morning - 6 hours since Josie had last ate. I was so tired and confused that I started apologizing for sleeping and not feeding her. It took him three times to get it through to me that this was a good thing! Since then there have been a few nights where Josie has gone 5-5 1/2 hours in between feeds (and this is usually starting at 6 or 7PM, not really in the middle of the night), but not 6 hours again. She generally goes about 4 hours in between feedings at night and still around 3 during the day. Hopefully this will continue to improve. Momma and Daddy need some more (uninterrupted) sleep at night! (I have no idea how we got up every 3 hours for 5 months with Sophie. I don't remember being this tired back then!)
Josie sleeps swaddled up in her crib. She often has at least one hand sticking out of her swaddling blanket. In the mornings she usually has worked an arm out, too.

Josie has rolled over a few times (as mentioned in a previous post). She was a rolling over champ for a few days, but hasn't been as interested in it as of late. We are so proud of her though. Look at how quickly she does it in this video:

Josie is becoming very vocal. She is cooing, gooing, and starting to giggle! I love having little 'conversations' with her. She gets so excited and animated. It is adorable! I wonder if she is going to be just as chatty as her big sister. Only time will tell. (Don't mind the mess in the background of this video.)

We are so fortunate because Josie is such a happy baby! She really doesn't cry often. When she does cry it is because she is either hungry or tired. Usually though she is just smiling or observing all the things around her. She is happiest though when you are in front of her, making eye contact and talking to her. Her smile gets so big! It is the most wonderful sight I have ever seen! I hope she is always this happy and good!

Josie has discovered her hands and can't keep them out of her mouth. She is constantly sucking on her fingers (even after eating when we know she isn't hungry) and ours. She even pulled at Sophie's fingers one day and started gumming them. Sophie exclaimed, "Stop licking me, Josie!" Fingers aren't the only things she will put in her mouth. She also enjoys gumming on her lovie, bibs, burp cloths, blankets, and other random toys. Anything that she can get into her mouth will go into it. Besides putting her hands in her mouth, Josie is also grabbing things. We often will find blankets pulled up to her mouth or bibs and burp cloths covering her face because she has grabbed them and pulled them towards her mouth. On night I even watched her as she grabbed her bib, which was attached to her and had her paci on it-it had fallen there, with both hands and raise it up to her face until the paci went back into her mouth. Amazing!
As mentioned in an earlier post, Josie was baptized this month. She did such a good job during the baptism, barely crying. What a good girl we have.
Snoozing during our walk to the park.
We've had some really nice days this month which have allowed us to spend time outside. We've visited the zoo twice, went on multiple walks, and have spent time on the front porch watching Sophie run and play. Josie seems to really like being outside, which is good since I am planning on spending as much time outside as possible with the girls this summer.
Enjoying some time in her seat while out on the front porch.
We've tried Josie out in the Bumbo a few times. She is still pretty wobbly and tips over to the side a lot, but each time she gets better and stronger. I've even noticed that when I put her in the Rock n Play Sleeper she will try to sit up. I am proud of how well she is doing with this skill. The only downside of the Bumbo is that Sophie gets really jealous when Josie sits in it (this is one of the only things she has been jealous of since we have brought Josie home). She tells us that Josie wants out and will kick at the seat. Not cool. She is getting better about waiting her turn and letting her little sister use the seat, but still isn't too happy about it.
Josie has met a bunch of new friends this week. Not only has she met some of my friends' kids, but she also has met all of the kids at the baby sitter's. Janice said that Josie loves watching all of the kids play and she will sit there happily as she watches them. The kids like Josie, too, and always rush over to her car seat to greet her when we get there in the morning. One little boy even kissed Josie on the cheek this morning when we got there. So sweet!
Josie's very best friend is her big sister, Sophie. She loves watching Sophie play and listening to her talk. She always seems happier when Sophie is around. Concerned, too, due to how loud Sophie is, but mostly happy. I am glad that these two little girls love each other so much!

Don't they look like they are sharing a secret?
Here are some more pictures from this month:
Such a happy girl.


Hanging out with Pawpaw Marvin

Daddy and his two girls! 

This face cracks me up!


I loved when she snuggled up with her lovie. So sweet. 

When she isn't smiling, Josie is making this face. It is a mixture of concern and  'what the heck are you doing?'

I love those chubby little cheeks!

Her cheeks don't look so big when she isn't laying down.
They love each other!

My loves in their Reds gear.


I love when Josie smiles!

Milk coma

She loves telling Daddy about her day when he gets home from work.
I was grading papers late one night and looked over at this beautiful girl sleeping in her chair.  She is absolutely precious.
Kisses from Mommy


Sophie wanted to wear a white shirt and get into the crib, too. 
Josie was falling over and Sophie was trying to help her up. She kept saying, "Get up and look at Mommy, Josie."

No comments:

Post a Comment