Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Haircut

I've been putting off Sophie's first haircut. The hair that would be cut was the hair that she was born with...the hair that I helped grow. Just thinking of cutting it off made me sad. I knew it needed to be done, but my sentimental side always said no. If Sophie would  just keep clips or rubber bands in her hair this wouldn't be an issue at all. Those things get ripped right out by Sophie though. Finally this week, I just couldn't take Sophie's hair in her eyes (and mouth and nose) anymore. I sent Sara (Sophie's awesome Aunt) a text and asked if she would cut it this weekend. An enthusiastic "YES!" came back.

We went over to a family member's house to watch the Superbowl. During the second quarter, Sara cut Sophie's hair. Nothing too drastic, just trimming her bangs. She looks so different now! I love it! I am so glad that I finally gave in and let her have her hair cut. It really does look so much better. I was starting to forget that she had eyeballs!

The first snip - heartbreaking!

Sophie doesn't like being forced to stay in one place (unless it is her idea). She was a little annoyed that her Dad wouldn't let her go.










The next time that Sophie has her bangs trimmed, I am going to have Sara take a little off of the back to even things out. I wasn't brave enough to let her do it tonight!

How do you like the haircut? Don't mind the poor quality pictures. She didn't want to pose for me. (Go figure.)

No hair hanging in her eyes!

A side-by-side view of before the haircut and after

1 comment:

  1. I like it! She looks more like her mommy when she was little now.

    ReplyDelete