Thursday, February 23, 2012

Who Ordered a Double?

When Sophie woke up on Tuesday, I took her downstairs to try to get her to drink something. She took a few sips of Pediasure and then refused to drink anything else. I asked if she wanted some water and she pathetically shook her head no. More Pediasure? Another small shake of the head. Food? Nope. Then she whimpered, made a gagging noise and puked. I caught most of it in my hands, though it still got on the carpet, her clothes, and mine. Of course once she finished puking she cried and wanted to be held. I still had my hands full of puke, so I dumped it on a blanket (should have held the blanket out instead of my hands - hindsight!!) and scooped her up. Her pajamas were already covered in puke, so what was a little more? I called the doctor's office as soon as it opened and made an appointment. It turns out that she has yet another double ear infection. Poor kid!  We had no idea. I thought maybe it was just a stomach bug or a normal cold. She hasn't had a fever and she didn't tug on her ears at all. I hate that we missed the signs (if there were any) for the ear infections.

Since she hasn't felt well, Sophie hasn't been to the baby sitter's all week! We were off school on Monday, but I took Tuesday off to be with her. Joe took off yesterday, and my mom had her today. She will go back tomorrow, which I am sure will make her happy. I know she misses her friends. Still, I'm glad that we have kept her home these past few days. She was miserable. Most of the time she would lay on us or sleep in our arms. She would shake her head no to any food or drink we offered. I would have to tell her to take a sip of water to convince her to even do that. She really didn't eat or drink much at all these past few days. I would ask if she wanted to go play and she would pitifully nod her head yes. Smiles were rare even, which is very abnormal for Sophie. She ate and drank so much better today though, and was happier, too. Maybe that is just because she was with her Grandma!

The poor thing has stayed on the couch most of the time that she has been sick.

Sophie slept on me most of Tuesday


Hopefully the Amoxicillin helps Sophie feel better quickly. I love all of the snuggles that I have been getting, but I miss my silly, smiley Sophie.

1 comment:

  1. I like to think the improvement was due to me, but I am sure it is because of the medicine.

    ReplyDelete