Sunday, February 12, 2012

Taking Off

It seems that as soon as Sara cut Sophie's hair, Sophie started walking. Maybe it was the hair in her eyes that was holding her back. Whatever it was, my girl has been walking up a storm this week! No more of the little one or two steps and then sitting down. Sophie will take about 7 steps before stumbling. Other times she will walk across the room! She will even stand around on her own, which she wasn't brave enough to do before. Today I even watched her go from a sitting to standing position, bend over, pick something up and stand back up again. Wow! Such a complete change from last week! I can't get over it!

I've decided that Sophie is too much like me for her own good. 18 months is coming quickly and that is when the doctors were going to suggest PT if she still wasn't walking a lot. That isn't a route we need to go down anymore (thank goodness). Seems to me that she is going to be a procrastinator, just like her Momma. Regardless, I am so proud of Sophie!

Standing around

Walking to the ottoman

Bend...

and snap! (I couldn't resist a Legally Blonde reference)

No comments:

Post a Comment