Monday, January 30, 2012

Nigh-Nigh

Sophie has always been a fairly easy baby to put to bed at night (we really lucked out in this area). Her bedtime is between 7:30 and 8:00 each night. She usually rubs her eyes as a cue that she is ready for bed. Lately though, if we mention that it is "night-night" time or ask if we should take her to bed she will nod her head and look for her blanket (can't sleep without it). Tonight after playing for awhile, I noticed that it was a little past 7:30. I asked Sophie if she was tired and if it was "night-night" time. She gave a little nod, but continued playing with a toy. A few minutes later she crawled into the hallway. I got up to follow her and found that she had already crawled up two stairs. She had her head turned to the side and was saying something that I couldn't hear. She repeated it a few times, but since she wasn't facing me, I couldn't understand her. I put my face through the railing and whispered her name. She turned toward me, smiled and said, "nigh-nigh." New word! She was telling me that it was time for bed (and trying to get there herself). I asked her for a good night kiss, and she grabbed both sides of my face and gave me a big kiss on the lips. Then she turned away and crawled the rest of the way upstairs, repeating "nigh-nigh" the whole way up. What a sweet way to go to bed.

1 comment: