Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Week Back

While I know she enjoyed being with me the two weeks I was on vacation, Sophie really missed being at Janice's (her baby sitter). When I picked her up on Monday, Janice filled me in on just how much Sophie missed her youngest daughter, E (who Sophie adores). She said that when her daughter walked into the room, Sophie sped across the floor and wrapped her arms around her neck, hugging her for a few minutes. E told me that she would squeeze her neck really hard then squeeze softly. She even started 'petting' her hair - adorable!
On Tuesday, when I dropped Sophie off, she crawled right over to her favorite boy, J. She gave him a big hug and then zeroed in on his sleeper. His sleeper had a zipper, as well as a button at the top (you know, like normal zippered sleepers). Anyway, the button wasn't closed and Sophie reached out and grabbed it. She has done this before; I think it bothers her to see it hanging around. Then she spied his zipper on his sleeper. As I mentioned in her 16 month post, she really likes pulling on zippers. So of course, what does Sophie do? She pulls down his sleeper's zipper. Then she proceeds to try to take his arm out of the sleeper, as that is what she does whenever we unzip her sleepers. Eek! No undressing boys, Sophie! That same day she crawled over to the couch where another little boy was sleeping. His shirt was up a little and she saw his belly button. Like I mentioned in her 16 month post, she likes belly buttons. So of course she was poking at it while he slept. *sigh* On the bright side, Sophie learned where her fingers are. If you ask her, she will open and close her hands, in and out of fists. Cute!
On Thursday, Sophie started saying a new word: balloon. (sounds more like 'boone' but it counts!) E had a small yellow balloon out and Sophie loved playing with it. She would hold it, throw it, and smash her face against it. What a goofball. Janice said she was also saying 'big balloon,' which is probably due to the giant one at our house from NYE.
I think Sophie was glad to see Janice and all of her little friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment