Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am a few days behind, but what can you do. I did not make a resolution to stop procrastinating this year, so there!
We had a few friends over for NYE. Sophie stayed at home with us because I enjoy having her there with me as a new year starts.

Last year she refused to go to sleep, so she got to welcome 2011 with us. I like that, so this year I woke Sophie up right before midnight so that she could ring in 2012 with us.


My friend, Becki, brought over a GIANT balloon from a party she had gone to the previous night. Sophie was fascinated by it. She kept smiling and playing with the balloon. Becki left it for Sophie, so we have been playing with it each day. She loves when we bounce it off of her head; it sends her into a fit of giggles. She also loves leaning against it. She looks even smaller when she does this, since the balloon is so much bigger than her! Too much fun!



I am so glad that 2012 is finally here! While there were many wonderful things that happened in 2011, Sophie's medical issues (especially that darn feeding tube) really put a damper on things. Being released from the GI's care the other day was a perfect ending to a somewhat crazy year. Hopefully this year is full of good health, lots of growth, and pure happiness! I can't wait to see what all is in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment