Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Today was Sophie's 2nd Halloween. I still remember my little flower last year...so small, so sweet. She laid in my arms as Joe and I passed out candy. She only lasted about 20 minutes since it was so cold. 

As you could already tell from the previous post, this year Sophie was a ladybug. {I'm sensing a garden theme...I need to break that next year!}


Look at the sad, floppy antennae. Ha!

I know there are a lot of people who take their 1 year olds, or those younger, out trick-or-treating. I don't really see the need for this (more power to you if you do this-just my own thoughts on it all). She isn't going to eat the candy so it would just be for us and we can buy our own candy. (We will take her next year though.) So once again this year, Sophie sat outside with us to help pass out candy. We didn't get that many trick-or-treaters, so mostly Sophie just played in the candy bowl.



She loved pulling out the Hersey Kisses. She would push away the bigger pieces of candy to find all of the kisses.
She even tried to stick a few kisses into her mouth...with the wrapper still on! (You can barely see the foil on the kiss she is putting in her mouth in the picture below.) She was very good though and always took them out of her mouth and gave them to me when I asked for them.  
Since it was Halloween and she was so interested in the kisses, we decided to let her have some. We don't normally give Sophie sweets except on rare occasions. I mean we do feed her a lot of 'crap' food like nuggets and fries because she will actually eat them, but usually no sweets (with the exception of rice krispie treats and her birthday cake/cupcakes). She does drink chocolate Pediasure from time to time, so she knows what chocolate tastes like, but Hersey Kisses are the real deal. She LOVED it!


Yum!
Notice the chocolate fingers and tongue. She couldn't get enough!
She wants more!

Besides loving chocolate, Sophie really enjoyed all of the kids who came to our house for candy. Every time they would come to the porch she would spin around to look at them. Half of the time she squealed in delight or 'ohhhhhhhh' excitedly at them. A few of my old students stopped by and Sophie was giggling and pointing as they came down the driveway. Sometimes Sophie would grab a piece of candy from the bucket, as if she were going to pass it out to the kids. She would never give the candy up if she did this, but it was the thought the counted. We still had trick-or-treaters when we took Sophie inside. Every time the doorbell would ring she would say "ohhhh!" really loud and crawl toward the door. Adorable!

It seems like Sophie had a great time this year on Halloween. I can't wait until next year. I have a feeling that she will love going door to door, especially when she sees all of the chocolate she will get!

"Would you like some candy?"
(Notice the mouth full of chocolate.)

1 comment: