Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Day at the Farm

We went to a local farm today to pick pumpkins! I've always wanted to do this and I dreamed about it when I was pregnant. We didn't take Sophie last year because she was still so young and I didn't want her out in the cold. I was so excited to finally be able to take her.

Now in my dreams I imagined taking my bundled up child out and we would walk around the patch hand in hand trying to find the pumpkin. My child would have red cheeks and a red nose from the chill in the air and we would snuggle under a blanket when we got home. As we all know, dreams and reality can be very different things. Today was a hot day! It was in the 80's so Sophie was in a sleeveless dress (the opposite of bundled up) and slathered in sunscreen. Instead of walking hand in hand to get a pumpkin, I held Sophie (as she isn't walking yet). When we got home we tried to cool off instead of snuggling under blankets.

Sophie seemed to enjoy herself at the farm, especially since Grandma Z and cousin Kaci were there. She liked looking at the animals and wanted to pet the ponies (one finally let her). She was really curious about the corn maze and wanted to touch all of the corn stalks. She seemed to enjoy the bumpy hay ride to the pumpkin patch, looking around at all of the sights as we rode around. She really like the pumpkin patch. Ever since my student gave her a pumpkin, Sophie likes playing with them. She was excited when Daddy found a pumpking that was her size. She wanted to hold it right then and there.




Even though things didn't go the way I had envisioned, it was a wonderful day. I will always cherish this memory.

Click the link below for pictures from our day.


I'm glad she doesn't have my fear of spiders yet.

Not at all afraid of the witch.


She really wanted to play with the chickens.



Grandma's girls

Exploring with Daddy





"I want this one, Dad!"


Grandma and Kaci found a good pumpkin, too.

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful time. I am glad I got to experience this with my 2 fantastic granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete