Thursday, March 7, 2013

Josie's 1 Month Well Visit

I took Josie for her 1 month well check today (she is 5 weeks old). Luckily my mom came over to watch Sophie so I didn't have to take both girls with me. I still haven't figured out the logistics of how to take them both places of my own (besides when I take Sophie to the baby sitter's house).
Waiting for the doctor. Look at that cute belly!
Joe and I have been anxious to hear about how much Josie has grown this past month. I almost couldn't believe it when the nurse measured and weighed her.

Weight: 8lb 8 oz
Height: 20 1/2 inches
Head Circumference: 14 1/4 inches

I was so impressed with her weight gain! Great job, Josie!

The rest of the visit went fine. Josie wasn't too happy being poked at today. She cried and squirmed for Dr. Kelly. The only thing that made her happy was when he put the tongue depressor in her mouth so he could check things out in there. She started sucking on it right away as if it were a bottle. (She ate right before she came, so she shouldn't have been hungry!) Silly girl.

After the doctor left the nurse came in to give Josie her shot. She only cried for a minute, my brave little girl. I however teared up and held my breath until Josie stopped crying. A few tears may have fell down my face as I was getting Josie dressed again. (My kid is braver than me!)

I am so glad that my little girl is doing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment