Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another Double

Well, I was right in the first place. Besides having 3 molars coming in, Sophie has a double ear infection. Poor kid!

Joe was off work today, so he woke up with the girls and let me sleep in. (I love him for this) Well, he at least tried to let me sleep in. I woke up not too long after they did because Sophie was throwing a fit. Joe had changed her diaper and she didn't want to put her pj pants back on. She does this from time to time, so I didn't think much of it. I wrestled (literally) her pants on her body and brought her downstairs. Joe graciously told me to go back to bed. About an hour and a half later he woke me up to say that he was taking Sophie to the doctor's office. That made me wake right up! Apparently while I happily snoozed away, Sophie was being a holy terror downstairs. Joe said she was crying, rolling around on the floor, getting angry, and just plain not acting like herself. She is normally so excited when he is home for the day (she is a daddy's girl), so he knew something was up when she continued to act wild. He checked her ears again (he did this the other day and they were fine) and saw that they were a little red. He know that this meant Sophie most likely had ear infections, so he called and made a doctor's appointment. The doctor confirmed that Sophie had a double ear infection. He went ahead and prescribed a stronger than normal antibiotic (the last time she had the normal antibiotic it didn't work) and sent them on their way. Sophie felt a million times better after taking her antibiotic and was back to her normal self. She even ate some dinner tonight. Hopefully those ears heal up quickly. I hate knowing that my little one isn't feeling well!

I am so glad that Joe was off work today. I couldn't imagine taking both girls to the doctor's office on my own. It will happen one day, but I am glad today wasn't the day.
Feeling much better

No comments:

Post a Comment