Friday, March 8, 2013

Crib Success

Apparently Josie didn't like the fact that I let it be known that she doesn't like sleeping in her crib. A couple days after I posted her 1 month blog post calling her out on her crib hating, she decided that it wasn't so bad.

Even though I was a little nervous about Josie sleeping in her crib instead in the same room as me, I knew it was important for her to start sleeping there. I told Joe that my goal for this week was to get Josie sleeping in her crib at nap time. So, on Monday I tried it out. I swaddled her up, stuck a pacifier in her mouth, rocked her to sleep and then put her in the crib. It lasted about 5 minutes before she began to cry. I put her paci back in and turned on some music. She fell back asleep and stayed that way for 10 minutes. I repeated my actions and she ended up sleeping for about 10 more minutes. I tried it again during her next nap time and had similar results. That night I tried it and she slept for awhile before waking up. The next day I tried again with putting her in her crib during nap time. After a few 5-10 minute sleep attempts, Josie fell asleep for an hour and a half! The next time she slept almost 2 hours in there. We were even able to get her to sleep in there overnight! (Thank God for our Angel Care Monitor. I don't think I would have been able to sleep without it.) Each day since then she has slept in the crib! (we still often let her nap in the swing and Boppy during the day) I am so proud of her. Now we just have to work on getting her to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time.

She won't sleep long in the crib if she isn't swaddled. I'm pretty sure she woke right back up after I took this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment