Monday, September 5, 2011

New Tricks

Sophie has a new word this week: apple! "Aaaaaaaaaa-pple." When I pointed this out to Joe he disagreed. "She is saying, 'aaaaaaaaaa-goo.'" Okay, I will give him that. She does say "Aaaaaaaaa-goo" sometimes. She will also say 'aaaaaaaaa-boo' sometimes. There are other times though where is is distinctively "aaaaaaaa-pple." Joe however just gave me a look that said, 'believe what you want, but you are wrong.' (I'm not wrong though). She actually reminds me of my parents' parrot that they used to own. He would say apple the same exact way as Sophie does. He would repeat it after we would say it to him, too, just as Sophie does. Interesting...

Besides saying apple, Sophie has also started blowing kisses. It has only happened three times this weekend and isn't on cue, but it is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Hopefully this will become a more common thing. It would make going to work so much better if she blew me kisses as I left.
It is really hard to get a picture of a baby blowing kisses.



2 comments: