Monday, September 19, 2011

Word of the Day

Sophie's word of the day today was 'cat.' When I was putting her in the car seat this morning, Cosmo (our cat) stopped by to say hello. Sophie loves Cosmo, so was very excited and started petting/hitting her. I pointed out to Sophie that Cosmo was a cat and tried to get her to say it, too. We've been working on the word 'cat' for awhile now. She will get the 'ca' sound out but never the 't' at the end. Half the time she will just say Cosmo's name ("osmo")  instead of cat. Today Sophie perfected the 't' at the end of the word.

In the car on the way to the babysitter's house I heard Sophie say 'cat' while she was babbling. When I picked her up today the babysitter told me that she was saying cat all day long. When we arrived at home, she saw Cosmo and said 'cat' with the 't' at the end. I was so proud. She continued saying 'cat' up until bedtime.

The best 'cat' moment was when we were going upstairs so Sophie could take her after "work" nap (she is too nosey to take long naps at the babysitter's,). She crawled to the stairs and climbed a few of them before stopping. She turned to face Cosmo, who was laying on the dining room floor (right next to the stairs). Very clearly she said, "Cat....cat...." and clicked her tongue to get Cosmo to follow her. I couldn't stop laughing! I love Sophie's personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment