Friday, September 23, 2011

13 Months

Another month has gone by. It is a good thing Sophie is still small or I would be upset at how quickly she is growing up.

This month started out rough. As stated in earlier posts, Sophie reacted pretty badly to her one-year shots. She had high fevers for a few days (including a very scary 104° temperature). I felt so bad for my little girl. Still, she has such a great personality that she didn't let it bother her too much (though we still had our fair share of crying spells). She even had her one-year pictures take by this amazing photographer when she was still feverish. What a trooper.

Once we had her fevers under control, the month shaped up quite nicely. I swear this kid is changing every day. Some days I just stare at her baffled, wondering if she did in fact grow a little taller than the day before. (She does, I tell you! She does!). Other days I stare in awe at the things she is learning and perfecting.

Here are some of the highlights from this month:
  • Sophie weighs 13 lb 13 oz
  • New words: cracker, Cosmo, apple
  • Waving - Sophie knew how to wave, but rarely did. Now she waves all of the time. It is cute seeing her wave good-bye to people or wave good morning to the kids at the babysitter's (and of course her wonderful babysitter, too).
  • She blows kisses
  • Sophie gets into e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!
  • Pulling herself up rapidly - she already knew how to pull up but now it is just second nature. She is so quick with it!
  • Standing while holding on with just one hand. She did this a few times before this month, but now she does this a lot. She is getting very brave with it, too. She is even bending down to pick something up from the ground while holding on with one hand.
  • Sophie's favorite game is Peek-a-Boo. It makes her laugh so hard! If we put a blanket on our heads or in front of our faces, Sophie will rip it away. She will do the same thing with we put a blanket on her head or in front of her face. If she has a dress on, she will play the game by lifting her dress up over her face and then pull it down. She also likes when one of us hides behind a wall or piece of furniture and then pops up.
  • She is a hair Houdini. Seriously, I put her hair up in a ponytail with a tiny rubber band and she always gets it out. Regardless of how far back I put it or how tightly I make it, she gets it out. Sometimes it just gradually happens throughout the day. Other times I put her in the car and it magically disappears when I go to get her out of the car. When this happens she is left looking like a rooster because of how her hair sticks up.
  • Sophie loves clothes. Like any baby, she will pull (clean) clothes out of laundry baskets. However, Sophie doesn't stop there. She will proceed to pile up all of her clothes around around her. Then she will put them on top of her head or around her neck. One day she even took her clothes into her big pop-up play cube. She does this same sort of thing with her blanket. She must really like the feel of all those different fabrics.
  • Our morning routine is the highlight of my day. When I go in to get Sophie she scrambles to her feet and starts bouncing up and down with a huge grin on her face. After I dress her I take her over to look at herself in the mirrors we hung last week by her bedroom door. She thinks this is the best thing, always pointing and smiling at herself. Then we go downstairs, open the front door, wave and say "Good morning, world!" Some days Sophie will point at the door to make sure that I don't forget this part of the routine.

***Side Note: I must say, it feels stranges to not take a photo of Sophie with her month on her shirt. They had 13 - 24 month stickers...maybe I should have bought those. Oh well! I am still taking a picture a day of her.

Speaking of pictures, follow the link below for a few of Sophie's pictures from this month

Showing Cosmo who is boss




1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

1 year photo by Sarah Anne Photography

Cousin Anna pushing Sophie on the swing. What a great cousin!



She liked the first two bites of pudding but then pulled the third bite out of her mouth. I thought she rubbed it on the floor until she looked up at me.



I told you she enjoys putting clothes on top of her head.

1 comment: