Thursday, May 23, 2013

33 Months

 My happy girl is 33 months old today.
Nap time still isn't going that well. We have finally decided to just go ahead and  let her nap in places other than her bed. We would rather her nap than fight and fuss with us. Plus that usually gives us an opportunity to nap, too. We do make her sleep in her bed at night time and thankfully she isn't fighting us on that anymore. 
Sophie loves arts and crafts. 
Doesn't she look so cute here? I think so! Then I look at her legs and  wonder what in the heck is going on?!  There are new bruises and scrapes every day. I feel so bad for the kid, but it doesn't seem to bother her. This is just one of those things that comes with the territory of being a toddler. 
I've been taking Sophie's picture with this doll since she was 3 weeks old. Back then she was basically the same size as the doll. (She was a tiny bit longer and the doll was a tiny bit wider). It is hard to remember her being that small.
Sophie had a really bad cold this month. It lasted forever and she rubbed her poor nose raw. The cold led to an ear infection and some high, crazy fevers (it went up to 103 degrees). She was miserable for at least four days. She only went to the baby sitter's house once that week. Both of her awesome grandmas took turns watching her while Joe and I were at work. We are so thankful that they were able to help us and to give some grandma love to our little girl. 
Sophie has been all about wearing my necklaces this month. She looks so darn cute in them that I let her wear some of my older ones. 
Matching tattoos
I love the goofy faces that she makes.

This kid cracks herself up all the time. (She cracks us up, too.)
Sophie's cousin, Reese, got a new bed so she passed down her old bedding to Sophie. She loves the owl bedding and the fact that 'Reesie' gave it to her.
Sophie wanted Joe to floss her teeth for her. We just might have to get her some mini flossers so she can learn to floss on her own. 

Sophie has never been a hair bow or hair clip kind girl. It always frustrated me since I have made a ton of hair clips for her. She is really starting to like clips now. I think this is because I put bows on Josie. Whenever I do this Sophie declares that she needs a bow, too. She also likes trying on Josie's bows. 
I think this is the sweetest picture. She looked so beautiful in her dress and sweater. 
Sophie loves playing with Josie. 
I am so blessed with two wonderful daughters. 
The only good thing about Sophie being sick this month is that she became a mommy's girl. Each day she would snuggle with me and wanted me to take her to bed. I hated that she felt so horrible but I loved that she  needed her momma!
This was after Sophie had blood drawn. She was such a trooper! When she got home she happily showed off her bandage (and then wanted me to take it off of her) and told me that she gave blood. I'm so impressed with how strong Sophie is. I always tell her that she is 'strong, tough, and brave' and she really is! 
I took Sophie and my mom to a middle school production of The Music Man. She liked it but definitely became bored halfway through. I was so glad we were in the upper seats away from most people. Sophie was going up and down the row of seats, singing her ABCs and chatting. I was trying so hard to keep her quiet and entertained but it is hard to do with a 2 1/2 year old. She wasn't too horrible, but I still felt bad about her being noisy. 
Sophie and her boys at the baby sitter's house. Janice sent me this picture while i was working. She said that she was making lunch and peeked into the living room and saw the kids sitting like this. So sweet! Sophie loves these boys, especially the one whose lap she is sitting on. They love her, too. 



During the pumpkin spinny ride - she had fun at first and then was over it! 

Waiting to get off of the ride.


Dancing in the street at Maifest.
Dancing queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment