Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Sweet, Funny Girl

When we got to the babysitter's today, Sophie was so excited to see her buddy, J (a little boy a few months younger than her.) He was excited to see her, too. He was trying to sit up to see her better and he bonked his head. Immediately he started crying. Sophie crawled over to where the babysitter was consoling him, as if she were concerned, too. When J let better, he sat on the floor with Sophie. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around J's neck, hugging him. Adorable! They are so cute together.

Today was Joe's 1/2 day, so he picked Sophie up and brought her home. When I finally got home, Sophie screeched excitedly in greeting. I went over to her (she was sitting next to Joe) and held my hands out so I could pick her up and hug her. She held her hands out and then pulled them back, shaking her head 'no' and grinning. I tried it again and got the same result. The little stinker was playing a game! After doing this a few more times, she finally let me pick her up for a hug.

When I was giving Sophie her bath tonight, she was playing her game of standing up and then sitting down (after telling her bath time is over if she doesn't sit...she loves this game). When bath time was really over, I started to drain the water out of the tub while she was still in it. She scooted closer to the drain and slowly pushed the stopper back down. When the water stopped draining she laughed and clapped, clearly pleased with herself.

Sophie has such a great personality and it keeps getting better. She is a perfect mixture of sweet, silly and sassy.

1 comment: