Sunday, November 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl

We celebrated Thanksgiving early with Joe's family today. Sophie loved being with her cousins, aunts, uncles, great grandpa, and of course her grandparents. She also enjoyed some delicious Thanksgiving food. Her favorite part, in my opinion, was rubbing food in her hair. (This was my least favorite part. I hate messes....good thing I have a child!)
With all of the food in her hair, I knew tonight would be a bath night. Joe usually gives Sophie her baths. She always seems to have a blast when he is in there with her. I always hear her laughing and splashing around. When I give her baths she doesn't seem too impressed and wants out early. Sure she will laugh and splash a little, but nothing like when she is with her dad. *heavy sigh*
When it was time for her bath, I decided to let Sophie decide who she wanted to give it to her. So I asked, "Sophie, who do you want to give you a bath? Mom or Dad?" Without any hesitation, as if she really understood the question, she loudly answered, "Dad!" I tried again a minute later, switching the order of mom and dad. Again, "Dad dad!" She then crawled over to him and pulled up on his knees, as if to let him know that it was time for her bath.
I definitely have a Daddy's girl on my hands!

1 comment: