Saturday, November 19, 2011

An Apple a Day

I hosted a jewelry party today, so my morning was filled with cleaning and making snacks for the party. Sophie was not interested in letting me work though, as she fussed until I picked her up. I sat her up on the counter (she loves being up there) so that I could still try to work on things (right next to her, of course). Sophie quickly became fascinated with an apple she found.

She held it in her hands, turned it around a few times, and squeezed it to her body. Then she tried to bite into the apple. I smirked because it was a big apple and she has such a tiny mouth with just a few full sized teeth. Of course I forgot how stubborn determined my daughter can be. She continued to try to bite into the apple. After a few minutes I noticed the apple had a tiny bite taken out of it's skin.

Surveying her progress

Sophie wasn't satisfied with that one tiny bite though. She kept trying to eat the apple. Even when I moved her off of the counter back onto the floor, she continued to eat the apple. If she crawled somewhere, the apple went with her.

She was so occupied with the apple that I was able to finish making my snacks. When I went over to see how she had been doing with the apple, this is what Joe and I found.



Wow! I guess the kid likes apples.

1 comment:

  1. I gave her little pieces of a sliced apple and she kept wanting more.

    ReplyDelete