Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Trip to the Dentist


Apparently we dropped the ball and hadn't taken Sophie to the dentist yet. Had asked my dentist once when I should bring Sophie and he said not to bring her until she was older. I guess I had it in my head that that meant she didn't need to see any dentist until she is older. I didn't even think about pediatric dentist. Whoops. I finally got smart and made a dentist appointment for her. I found a pediatric dentist who shares my daughter's name and thought that she feel more comfortable with someone also named Sophie.
Sophie is really interested and doctors so when I told her she's going to see to Dr. she was pretty excited. She happily went to her appointment and was excited the whole time. She thought it was pretty cool having the dental hygienist clean her teeth. The hygienist fell in love with her and was going on about how little and cute she was. Sophie was very interested in all the different instruments in the room. She was excited when Dr. Sophie came in. She did everything the doctor asked and kept a smile on her face. When Dr. Sophie was finished with her she even gave her a big hug.
Sophie's teeth are fine. There was a little discoloration on one of the back molars that I was told to really work on. The dentist asked if Sophie drinks Pediasure, mentioning that due to the sugar and carbs it can be pretty bad for teeth. We will definitely keep an eye on it. 

I was pretty impressed with the dentist and Sophie's experience. Mostly I am excited that Sophie enjoyed her visit. Hopefully we can keep those teeth clean and cavity free!



1 comment: