Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Growing Girls

Sophie, Josie, and I went to the doctors today for Josie's four month checkup. Josie weighed 12 pounds and 11 ounces which put her in the 16th percentile. She was 32 1/4 inches long which put her in the 6th percentile. Her head circumference was 16 inches which puts her in the 48th percentile. She is growing great and is following a normal growth curve. I also had Sophie weighed. She was 19 pounds! Pound party time! She still is not on the growth chart, but she is gaining weight.

Even though we had lots of great news at this doctors appointment, it was pretty difficult being there with those girls alone. Once Josie got her shots she waited a couple seconds before she started wailing. She never cries that hard or loudly and I tried but could not console her for a few minutes. Sophie is always very concerned when someone cries, so hearing her sister in such anguish really upset her. After a minute if watching Josie cry Sophie burst into tears. So here I am by myself trying to get one child dressed and get both children to stop crying. (Man, that was tough. I don't know how single parents do it all the time!) Thankfully I was able to get them both to stop crying and we happily made our way home. 

I am so proud of the growth of both of my girls. They are pretty darn wonderful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment