Sunday, June 23, 2013

34 Months


My small fry is 34 months old today! I can't believe that she is going to be 3 years old in just 2 short months. Where has the time gone?!
Grandpa Z bought the girls a bubble blower. She loves it and wants to play with it each day. 
Grandma Z bought Sophie some princess attire. She has loved walking around in her shoes and tiara (or "my Cinderella!" as she calls it). 
Enjoying the baby pool on a hot day.
Sophie still likes throwing sand out of the sandbox best (check out the grass behind her).
Getting cleaned up after helping Daddy in the yard. 
One of Kaci's birthday presents was a trampoline. Sophie LOVED it!
One of Sophie's favorite things to do each day is to get out Mommy's 'princess shoes' and walk around in them.The day of this picture, Sophie walked down the stairs in the shoes (scary!) and proudly strutted into the living room to show them off to us. She is better at walking in them than me! 
Coloring with sidewalk chalk is still an activity that Sophie adores.
Sophie likes to help clean. Whenever I have out sanitizing wipes to clean, Sophie wants to help. I give her a wet paper towel and she will clean off chairs and the floor. I hope she is always likes cleaning!
One disgusting habit of Sophie's is that she likes to suck on her hair. We often tell her that we are going to have Aunt Sara chop all her hair off if she doesn't stop, but she just laughs and us and sucks on the hair some more.
Miss Sassy Pants
Sophie loves playing with Josie while she is in her Jumperoo.
One night I walked into Sophie's room to kiss her goodnight and found her asleep like this!
Speaking of sleep, for three days in a row Sophie wanted to sleep in her pop-up cube/tent.
I am loving Sophie's hair in ponytails. The hair never stays up for long though, regardless of how much hairspray I use.
Sophie loves her sister more and more each day. She always wants to dress similar to her (or exactly alike) and just to be around her. It is really sweet watching Sophie grow into such a caring, protective, helpful and loving person.
She still fits into her old car seat (minus her legs).
She loves dressing up. 
My cousin, Camryn, went to the zoo with us. As always, Sophie had a blast!

Sophie loves wearing sunglasses. We have around 8 of them, and Sophie loves to choose a new one each day. She likes putting them on top of her head, too, just like her momma. 
We went to Wild Wednesday with the Colliver family at one of the local  parks. They had miniature horses, a donkey and a goat. Sophie liked it okay, but her favorite thing while there was sitting in my lap. I loved that, too!
After Wild Wednesday was over, we went to my school so that all the kids could play on the preschool playground. The kids had a blast (well, Josie slept in her car seat in the shade the whole time. That was probably fun for her.) 
Sophie is starting to get brave by putting her arms in the air while on slides. 
She really loved this playground. We're going to have to go here more often.
Enjoying some Nutella in the morning.

Sophie loves having her fingernails and toenails painted.
Going out to eat with Sophie isn't always enjoyable for us. Like most 2 year olds, she can't keep still so she is standing in her seat and walking around on the floor. She doesn't like eating, either, so the prospect of food doesn't get her to stop moving. I'm thankful though that other guests generally find her more charming than annoying. 
Sophie likes playing in the dirt and mulch. It grosses me out a little, but she is just being a kid so I generally let her be. 
Now that Sophie's legs are longer she can really use this toy. I need to search for a tricycle where she can reach the pedals.
Sophie loves singing happy birthday. We heard "Happy birthday, dear Kaci" at least 50 times this month. 
The kids enjoying a movie together while the adults hung out - love it!
My silly girls

Sophie loves when we get the paint out for her to play with.

I don't care if she drinks her Pediasure from a bottle as long as she is drinking it. (She refuses to drink it out of a cup.)

These two have such similar personalities. I am constantly saying, "That reminds me of Molly when she was little."
Sophie was able to spend time with all of her cousins this month. She loves all of her cousins and each night she includes 'all my cousins' in her bedtime prayers. 

First pool day of the summer.
Trying out the life vest with floaties attached. 
She likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment