Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2 Weeks Old



It has been two weeks since Josie has joined our family. We are starting to get into the groove of being a family of four. Joe and I take turns spending time with each girl and caring for them, as well as giving each other breaks. So far it is working out well. Sophie's jealousy over Josie taking her daddy time away has seemed to diminish a lot this week. She has become even more helpful and loving towards her little sister. It is so heartwarming to see.

Josie has been doing really well this week. She is drinking around 3 ounces at each feeding and keeps gaining weight. She is still spitting up fairly regularly (most are small ones, but some are pretty big), but she doesn't seem that bothered by it. I've given Josie the nickname 'squeaker' due to the fact that she constantly makes these little squeaking noises while sleeping. It is pretty cute. She will also make these big gasping sounds randomly. That is more scary than cute. Even though she doesn't really like it, she has been doing well with tummy time. I am impressed with her head control. While it still wobbles around, she can lift it all the way off the floor and look from side to side before resting again. (She has been doing this since day 2 in the hospital when laying on my chest, though it was only for a few seconds then.)



I am glad that I am able to help more this week as opposed to last week when I was still recovering. The number one reason I am glad that I am more helpful this week is because the stomach bug that has been going around hit our house. One morning I woke up not feeling well. I got sick twice, but once I took Pepto and a nap I felt better. Later that day while Sophie was napping, she woke up and puked all over the bed. She came downstairs and seemed fine, but later puked again. She ended up puking five times. Poor thing. She slept through the night without puking and was back to normal the next day. Instead, she passed the stomach bug on to Joe. He had mentioned how he had an upset stomach. He was doing okay at first that next morning, but I woke up from a nap on the couch to him puking in a bowl in the kitchen. He was out of commission for the rest of the day. Luckily Josie stayed healthy. (Well, she was pooping and spitting up, but I think that was more because she is a baby instead of a stomach bug.) We were so glad when everyone was back to normal again.

Joe went back to work today, so it was my first day alone with the girls. It went pretty well. The girls slept in for me until 8:30 which was wonderful! After that I was just a matter of feeding, changing diapers, playing and snuggling with the two of them. I was exhausted but loved being able to spend time with my girls. I am just so thankful that I am feeling better from my c-section and my incision area isn't hurting. I know I am overdoing it a little bit, but it's worth it to be with my girls. (I love saying 'my girls!')

My favorite moment of the week: It was Sophie's bedtime, so she came over to give me a kiss goodnight. Afterwards, she bent down to a sleeping Josie, kissed her on the head and said, "Night night, sweetie." My heart melted! It was so sweet.

Here are a few pictures from this week:











No comments:

Post a Comment