Monday, June 4, 2012

Vacation Begins!

Today has officially started vacation for Sophie and me! I still have sporadic meetings, but school is over! I have been dreaming about this day for a long time. I am glad that it is finally here!

This summer is going to be very different from last summer. Last summer I was afraid to take Sophie outside for long. It was hot and she still wasn't drinking well during the day. I was so afraid that she was going to dehydrate! So instead of doing fun activities like going to the zoo, the park or walks in the stroller, we mostly stayed inside a house or did quick 20 minute outdoor visits.  (A little crazy and overprotective, I know, but it was a very valid concern for a mother of a child who only drank about 14- 16 oz a day and didn't eat much table food.) I promised myself (and Sophie) that this summer would be much more fun and entertaining.

Today on our first outing, Sophie and I went to the zoo. She enjoyed it just as much as she did the last time. We went to see all of the cats first and it thrilled her to no end. We probably could have stayed there all day and she would have been happy. We saw the monkeys next, which also excited Sophie. Later on we met up with a co-worker of mine and her family. After a few hours of walking around, we decided to go home. Sophie fell asleep right away.

I think that Sophie had a great time today. I know that I did!


Beth shared her Cheetos with Sophie. I'm pretty sure that she ate half of the bag. 


I kept making the poor kid pose for pictures.

So in the background of this picture are my sister and brother-in-law.  I had no idea that they were at the zoo until I was going through all of my pictures! They were entering the zoo as we were leaving. 

The flowers were so pretty. I just couldn't help taking a bunch of pictures of Sophie with them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment