Friday, June 22, 2012

Kindermusik

This week Sophie attended a Kindermusik camp, Zoo Train.

At camp, we did a lot of singing, dancing, moving around and playing. Well, I should say that I did a lot of that. Sophie did a little bit of dancing, lots of moving around the room, and a ton of playing with her hair (it is a security thing for her I have decided. She constantly does this.) Sophie was more interested in doing her own thing than following along in class. It was pretty entertaining to me to see what she would do next. She usually started out class in the middle of the circle (while most of the other kids were standing with their moms), playing with her hair and looking at everyone else. When we sang good morning to everyone, I would pull her back to sit on my lap. As we sang, we would do different actions to the kids, such as waving or rocking. When I would do this, Sophie would stop playing with her hair long enough to grab my hand and say, "Mommy, no!" I think I was embarrassing her! Already a teenager... After that, she would get up for more time in the middle of the circle. She would edge towards some mom/child combo and stare them down or start 'talking' to them. (I was told many times that she was so social and friendly.) Then she would run over to me so that I would hold her. My favorite thing to watch Sophie do was when she would sit down on Ms. Cindy's pillow. Once Ms. Cindy would get up, Sophie would find her way over to the pillow and sit down, a big grin on her face. Today she down on it while Ms. Cindy was still on it, which put a big smile on Ms. Cindy's face.

Sophie really liked playing with the different instruments and materials. She didn't usually do what everyone else in class was doing with them, but that is okay. She had fun doing her own thing. She played with shakers, bells, scarves, hoops, noise makers, drums, and so on. Whenever Ms. Cindy would pull out a tub of materials, Sophie would scurry over to her so that she could get one. She was always one of the first kids to get something, as well as one of the first to put them away.
Sophie's favorite part about Kindermusik had to be the stamps that they got at the end of class. She would follow Ms. Cindy around, sticking out her hand or foot so that it could be stamped. Sophie would stare with confusion, wondering why she was being ignored. When it was finally her turn, Sophie would excitedly hold out her feet to get stamped and then her hands. Kids only get two stamps at a time though, so Sophie had to wait until every had two stamps so that she could get more. So yet again, she would follow Ms. Cindy around the room.
Day 1

Day 2

Day 2
Day 3

Day 4

Day 5
We were given a craft each day to do at home. This really means that I cut out and put together the craft and Sophie played with them.
Day 1 - Sophie helped tape the arms and legs on the monkey. We hung  it up in her room. Each morning when I get her up, she points to it and says, "ooohhh ohhhh eeeee  eeee" (her monkey noises).

Day 2 - We tried stamping Sophie's fingerprints on the giraffe. It didn't work out that well, but  that is okay.

Day 2

Day 3 - Sophie loves lions, so she roars whenever she plays with this. 

Day 3 - This one was probably her favorite craft. She has played with it each day.

Day 4 - So this is supposed to be a penguin. I was supposed to trace one of my hands and both of hers to create it. It didn't turn out so well. Sophie immediately tore it apart, so I guess she didn't like it either. 

Day 5 - homemade play dough (Sophie requested that I make it purple.)

Day 5 - We were supposed to make animal shapes with the play dough,  so I guess this is a snake. (There, we followed directions.)

Sophie liked playing with this. She did not enjoy eating it though. As soon as I gave it to her, she  bent over and bit off a piece. She looked pretty disgusted. 

All in all I think Sophie enjoyed her time with Kindermusik. I'm not sure if it is something we would do again (I'm not the 'Mommy and Me' type), but I'm glad that she was able to have this experience. Now I just wish I could get the songs out of my head!

 ♩ ♪ Everyone sing hooray, hooray! We're going to the zoo today... ♩ ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment