Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I am so honored to be Sophie's Momma. Being a mother is simply wonderful.

Sophie was such a stinker to me yesterday. (We discovered today that she has two new teeth that are trying to burst through her gums, so that (hopefully) is why she was awful towards me yesterday.) I was afraid that my Mother's Day was going to be pretty bad. Luckily for me, Sophie was in a much better mood today and more than made up for yesterday's behavior. We had a lot of giggles, snuggles, and fun today. I love seeing that girl smile. She makes me so happy. Even on days when she isn't being so good for me (like yesterday), I still can't help but talk about her and feel like one of the luckiest people in the world. She is my everything.

While Sophie makes me so very happy, I must be honest and say that Mother's Day is a little bittersweet for me this year. I should be celebrating with two babies instead of just one. You see in January I was pregnant. At the end of January I lost my baby. I should be hugging Sophie while I feel her younger brother or sister (we would know which by now) kicking around in my womb. Life had other plans though... I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't acknowledge my other baby today. Not many know about him/her. Miscarriage is such a taboo subject and it is just hard to talk about (and to hear someone talk about). Still, that was my baby, regardless of how short of a time we were together. I know one day we will be together again and I am grateful for that.

Enough sad stuff...it is picture time.
Our first picture together. I was so happy to finally hold her in my arms!
Our 1st Mother's Day together


Me and my silly girl (awful picture of us both, but it is the most recent one that I have. Plus, it makes me smile)
Sporting some Mommy love for Mother's Day today.
One of the flowers I received today
I really am so blessed to have Sophie in my life. She is my whole world. I love my little girl! Thank you, Sophie, for letting me be your Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment