Thursday, May 3, 2012

...Down Will Come Baby....

This morning Sophie woke me up by calling for her "Daddy!" Joe had already left for work, so I ignored this, hit the snooze on my alarm, and tried to go back to sleep. (great parenting, I know.) Sophie was quiet for a few minutes, but then I heard more calls for "Daddy!" I contemplated getting up, but I was still a bit groggy, so instead I laid there waiting to see if she would call out again. She didn't. Instead of a call for her Daddy, I heard a huge THUD! That sure work me up! I was out of my bed and into her room in under 2 seconds! There was my child, standing on the floor and crying her eyes out! She had climbed/fallen out of bed (what a monkey!). I was scared to death! I looked at her and didn't see anything too worrisome - no broken bones or blood. I took the fact that she was standing up to be a good sign. I asked her where she was hurt, and she held out her finger. This happened to be the one that Joe accidentally smashed in a door last week, so I didn't have to worry about that. No other body parts seemed to cause her any trouble, so I was able to calm down myself. After a few minutes of crying, Sophie became distracted by the books on her floor and happily went over to 'read' them. She seemed fine after that.

I am so glad that she wasn't hurt badly. Joe lowered her crib (to the lowest setting) as soon as he came home, and I took the bumpers off of the side. After we finished making our improvements, I put Sophie in the crib. Being the great parent that I am, I challenged her to try to climb out. She couldn't, though she was trying to scale the sides. Hmmmm....I might have to turn the crib around so that the lower side is up against the wall.

Hopefully tomorrow morning I will wake up without any scary surprises.

Trying to escape, but not having any luck this time. (Check out the determined look on her face.)

"I give up. Now get me out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment