Friday, March 2, 2012

Basement Fun

There has been some crazy weather today, including tornadoes and strong winds in areas close to us. Luckily the worst that happened at our house was a bad storm that lasted for about 45 minutes. In anticipation for the storm, I left work right after the buses were driving away and went to pick up Sophie from the babysitter's house. As soon as we got home, I packed up some toys, drinks and snacks for Sophie and we headed to the basement.

We never go to the basement to play since it is not finished and is a mess. I do have two pieces of carpet remnants on the ground that I laid out so I could wrap Christmas presents. That became 'play central' for Sophie and I. I warned her not to crawl off of the carpet and she listened. Sophie had a great time playing with me, eating her snacks, and pulling out toys for her box that I brought downstairs.



In the box of things that I brought to the basement was a flashlight. When Sophie pulled that out of the box, she held it out to me and said (in a not completely clear voice, but enough that you could understand) "What this?" I told her it was a flashlight. She turned it over in her hands and somewhat repeated the word (at least you could tell that was what she was trying to say). I showed her how to turn it on and she was delighted! She kept bringing it up to her face and laughing as the light splashed across her face.



Thankfully, the storm passed and it was safe for us to go back upstairs. I'm glad that we were not only safe (and that Joe made it home safe), but that we were having fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment