Monday, March 3, 2014

Patience

Joe had a meeting tonight and I was home with the kids. Sophie spilled pee from her potty seat all of the floor while she was trying to dump it in the toilet. I found about this when I stepped in it. I cleaned it up and then found even more later. Ugh! I was super frustrated and made her go to her room while I cleaned it up (both times). Once everything was cleaned up and we finished up her nightly routine it was time for bed. While saying prayers with Sophie, I asked God to "give mommy patience". Sophie immediately looked at me and said, "You don't have patience. Daddy does." I almost cried. I thought to myself how awful a mom I must be for Sophie to agree that I don't have patience. Then she continued with her thought, "You have students and Daddy have patients." Ha! She thought I was talking about our jobs (I'm a teacher and Joe is a Physician Assistant). Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment