Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Festivities


Boo Fest
There is a local farm who has Boo Fest. We go each year since it is so close to our home and because I've taught quite a few the family's grandchildren. We love going seeing all the animals and going on the hay ride to get a pumpkin.   

Sophie and Daddy found a great pumpkin!
Sophie fell in love with this little pumpkin, so of course we had to get it, too.
Traditional family photo at the farm
Treat and Eat Night
Each year my school has a fun night for the kids. Kids can go to each classroom and get candy from the teachers. There are also games and activities for them to do. It is always fun to see all of the students dressed up and having a good time. They decided that all trick or treating would be on the 1st floor this year. Since I teach on the 2nd floor that meant I wouldn't have to pass out candy like I normally do. I was fine with this because that meant I could relax and have fun with my family. We stayed in my classroom for awhile and visited with all of my old students who came back for the evening (I love catching up with my old kids!). Next we took the girls to get some treats from my colleagues. We ended in the library where we were able to color and have fun with some friends. 
Getting some candy from Auntie Ca-Ca.

Sophie was so excited to see her old buddy from the baby sitter's! She has missed him so much this year.
So excited by all the treats she was able to get!
Josie was a good sport about walking around the school with us.
HallZOOween
We are so lucky to live close to a zoo. We love the zoo on normal days, but we especially love it during holiday times. Around Halloween they have treat stations set up and give pumpkins to the animals to smash/eat/play with. The girls and I went with a friend and her daughter. It was such a nice day and the girls really enjoyed themselves. Sophie loved seeing the animals and getting treats. Josie loved watching all of the people and animals. We had such a great time.


 

Decorating Pumpkins
 

Halloween
After a day at the baby sitter's house and a quick check-up for Josie, we were ready for some Halloween fun. We passed out candy on the porch for awhile. Sophie loved giving candy to the treat-or-treaters. Every time a new person would come to the house she would say, "More friends!" It was pretty cold and rainy so Josie and Joe went in the house and waited for other trick-or-treaters while Sophie and I went to visit a few houses. She was so happy while she marched up each door. She was too shy to say "trick or treat" though. We got pretty wet after visiting ten or so houses in the rain. Sophie was shivering and after some convincing she agreed that we could go home. She was so happy and talked about it for the rest of the night. 
My sweet bumble bee and flower.
Sophie loved passing out candy to 'her friends.'
Josie tried to sneak some candy.
Halloween is over? Oh no!


No comments:

Post a Comment