Saturday, September 7, 2013

First Word

We have been waiting and waiting for Josie to say her first word. Earlier in the summer I could've sworn that she said dad, but she never said it again for me to be sure so it didn't count. She has said something that sounds like "hi" a few times, but it has never been super clear.  She has been making a mmmmm sound for a while now but never said mom or mama. A few days ago while she was laying on the floor in the living room, I got up to go do something with Sophie. Josie saw me and started to cry. She gave a few mmmmmm's while crying and it sounded like she said, "Mama". She was fussing too much though so once again I couldn't be sure and the word didn't count. Last night I was changing her into her pajamas she was babbling and very clearly said, "dad!" This afternoon while she was babbling she said dad once again. This time Joe was there to hear her. So now it is official - Josie's first word is dad! I am a little sad that mom wasn't her first word (of course), but I'm so excited that she is becoming verbal!

1 comment: